You’ll find detailed instructions about how to make a claim in your mobilisation pack. If you have any questions in the meantime you can also speak to your Unit Admin Officer. You will need provide the following information to the Adjudication Officer for the relevant service so that they can consider your claim.
What information do you need to provide?
- your full name, date of birth, Service number and rank or rate
- written evidence of your earnings
- a statement from your employer which states that your earnings (or part of them) are being suspended while you’re mobilised, and outlines which earnings, if any, you’ll continue to receive
- written evidence of your Service pay in the 52 weeks preceding your call-out
- details of your health, medical or life insurance, school fees, accommodation costs, company car, and any other relevant benefits that your employer provides for you, your spouse or dependants
- a statement that any of the benefits above have been suspended for the period of your call-out
- your employer's name, address, telephone number and a named contact
- your National Insurance number
- your staff, works or clock number
- your contact details, including your permanent address, telephone number, any fax number and email address
- if you’re making an allowable expenses claim, you’ll need to provide evidence of estimated costs, such as receipts or other information that might support your claim.
You can make a claim for financial support anytime after your period of mobilised service begins and up to four weeks after your last day of service. However, the earlier you make a claim, the earlier it can be paid.
Adjudication Officer's Contact Details
Royal Navy/Royal Marines
Royal Navy and Royal Marines Adjudication Officer
Navy Command Headquarters
Leach Building (MP 3-4)
PORTSMOUTH PO2 8BY
Tel: 02392 623527
Fax: 02392 625736
Army Adjudication Officer
Army Personnel Centre
PO Box 26703
GLASGOW G2 8YN
Tel: 0800 389 6585
Fax: 0141 224 2689
Royal Air Force
Royal Air Force Adjudication Officer
Royal Air Force Adjudication Service
c/o Imjin Barracks
GLOUCESTER GL3 1HW
Tel: 01242 682545
Fax: 01242 682510
What happens if my claim is rejected?
If you are dissatisfied with the Adjudication Officer's decision you can apply to a Reserve Forces Appeals Tribunal